International Women's Day is on Sunday, 8th of March. For the Woman of Substance. For the Woman you Love. For the Woman who is no less to a Man.
We Celebrate Womanhood
Come to think of it. "What would the world be without them?"
It sure would be Mayhem. This thought can not even be dreamt of and this day was kept especially to celebrate Womanhood in all its forms. The tradition continues...
India joins in the celebrations of Women's Day on 8th March. Indian Woman have never been pushovers in any field and have proven themselves in every arena.
Indian Women Achievers~ Did you know?
- 1966- Captain Durga Banerjee became the first Indian woman pilot of the Indian Airlines.
- 1970- Kamaljit Sandhu became the first Indian woman to win a Gold in the Asian Games.
- 1972- Kiran Bedi became the first female recruit to join the Indian Police Service.
- 1989- Justice Fathima Beevi became the first woman judge of the Supreme Court of India.
- 1997- Kalpana Chawla became the first Indian woman to go into Space.
- 2004- Punita Arora became the first woman in the Indian Army to don the highest rank of a Lieutenant General.
- 2007- Pratibha Devisingh Patil became the first woman President of India.
The list continues......... and this settles the debate once and for all: Woman are no less in any field.
We wish all the Ladies a Happy Women's Day.