Tata Nano- The World's Cheapest Car
A lot has been written about Tata Nano and what magical transformation it will achieve in the small car segment space by pricing it as the cheapest car in the world. Even we gave it a befitting tribute in our previous blog post the launch in Mumbai. No doubt the car deserves all the accolades it is getting for demonstrating to the world the finest engineering talents on a low-budget project. However, there are a few issues related to the Tata Nano that we thought of sharing with you.
Review by Dream Team:
We would most certainly not discuss the misses inside the car as we have already given a thumbs to the Tata Nano team of engineers for bringing to light a car under the price constraints that they were working under. What we want to discuss here are the future repercussions that the Launch of Tata Nano would have on the Indian road at large.
- Traffic Menace- What if the two-wheelers/three-wheelers in a metro city like Delhi or Mumbai get replaced by the worlds cheapest car? Subsequently, what will happen to the already choc-a-bloc traffic situation after the introduction of the Tata Nano on the Indian roads?
- Economic Upliftment- The Standard of Living is set to rise with the advent of Tata Nano as more and more people from the middle class will switch to the Tata Nano considering that it is a cheap option in comparison to other cars.
- Impact on Teenagers- The easy availability of Tata Nano in the Indian homes would lead to a lot of teenagers getting pampered and leading to increase in accidents.
- Exports- The exports will most likely rise in the wake of interests shown by a lot of countries over Tata Nano.
- Petrol- After the launch of Tata Nano, there will be further pressure on the depleting oil reserves of the world and High expenditure on petrol will lead to higher rates of inflation.
- Safety- Even though Tata Nano complies to the basic safety standards, the badly placed & uncovered battery right behind the drivers seat has raised some eyebrows amongst the auto experts and they have all criticised this faux pas by Tata Motors.
We value your thoughts on this. So keep it flowing Everyone :)