Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Splendid Product By Google


Google has recently launched its updated version of Google Earth which will have a new feature called Google Ocean. Till now we were able to explore every single place on land using Google Earth, be it the deep forests or high mountains; but that only constitutes 30% of the total planet. Now with the feature of ocean, we can easily explore the remaining 70% as well. Even in reality, only 5% of the total water bodies on earth have been explored

Well, I think this new feature is pretty entertaining and fun to use. You can go to your favourite diving spots, and the best lagoons of the world any time you like. Just few clicks and you are swimming alongside schools of colourful marine life and watching closely the coral reefs. Deep sea diving has always been a fascination to me and never even did I ever dream to do that. I still think I cannot experience that in real life, but at least I can see what is there in the depths of oceans using the ocean feature in Google Earth.

As much as it is entertaining, I think it can be used for a cause as well. Oceans are the biggest contributor to any change in global environment; still they are the most neglected ones. Just because the changes are not visible to us does not mean they are not happening at all. Google Ocean will surely help raise awareness among common people about the changes that are taking place in the depths of ocean and give it the due attention.


However, the best feature for me in Google Ocean is the shipwreck feature. You can virtually locate the famous ship wrecks anywhere in the world and explore its surroundings. The information is provided through videos and photographs.

And the information that they provide about the various marine life is simply awesome. I think it is better than any wildlife film as you get to choose your own path and see what you wish to.

3 comments:

Diya March 4, 2009 at 3:12 AM  

Google is doing something marvelous....

Neha March 4, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

An applauded work by Google...Hats off!!

Raghav March 4, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

I dnt know how google think, they always come up with something new and excited. I agree with neha Hats off!


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP